Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Favorite Web2.0 Tools

Web2.0 refers to software, files, and services that can be accessed online from any location or computer at all times. The potential impact web2.0 tools can have on my influence as an educator is vast. It opens a world of possibilities for creative avenues of teaching within the classroom, which make incorporating students interests and increasing motivation easier. Children love working with technology and amazing programs like these, which provide kids with a plethora of ideas and resources. Some web2.0 tools that I would use in my classroom include, TokBox, UStream, Voice Thread, and podcasting. Each of these programs offer opportunities for my students to create their own short videos while using pictures and voice to display their knowledge and ideas. It’s a very useful tool to engage and motivate kids in their learning by making them a star.


My favorite web2.0 tools are blogger.com, google docs, and Skype. I never truly realized just how dependant I was on web2.0 tools until now. Blogging is a useful tool that I have grown to love as a form of journaling my life and communicating with loved ones back home when I’m off chasing my various passions around the world. Although I have not spent much time personally using google docs, I’m highly interested in becoming acquainted with it as a way of keeping my documents current, easily accessible from anywhere, and eliminating the element of multiple copies or drafts on my hard drive. Skype is another highly used favorite of mine because it makes international calling affordable and also allows me to save money when calling locally. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!

1 comment:

  1. As you state, Skype is a very powerful tool --- and it looks like you've been using Web2 tools for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete